Site tracking

Monday, March 14, 2011

I survived ABS!!

Ok, so the obvious thing is that I haven't posted anything for quite some time. The short story is that I went down to the South Island for 5 weeks over Christmas break. I stayed with a friend's family near Christchurch and they were super sweet to welcome me into their home for 3 weeks and to include me in their Christmas celebration. [December 19 - January 8]

Then my sister came over and we traveled around for about 10 days and had LOTS of fun and adventures. I'll do a proper post on where we went and stuff really really soon. I promise :) [January 8 - 18th]

Then I made the long drive back up to the North Island and more specifically back up to Bible School. God provided me a place to stay at the school where I could help do some cleaning before school started and also got to help out with a conference that they had here. It was nice to be back at school because it's kind of been the closest thing I've had to a home here in NZ. [January 19 - 30]

Then I headed off to Adventure Bible School, which is where I've been the last 6 weeks. It was an AMAZING experience and I didn't know I could be stretched so much physically, emotionally and spiritually. I grew a ton and was humbled more times than I can count. I also can't wait to do a proper posting on some of my experiences and share them with you! [January 31 - March 11]

And now I'm back at Monavale (Bible School) and I'm about to start my graphic design internship. Time has really flown by and it feels like I was just down in the South Island not too long ago. There are TONS of students this semester and I have already been encouraged by their hunger to grow in their faith.

Thank you for all your prayers! Especially on ABS, I could feel the prayers from back home and I knew that people were thinking of me and it meant SO MUCH. Here is just a short list of some prayer request as I head into my next adventure.
- Time Management. That as I have lots of fun projects to get started on, I would prayerfully use my time and not do things to do them but really rely on God to show me how to be productive and not just busy. I really don't want to burn out.
- Community. I'm in a room with 3 girls (2 from Canada and 1 from Denmark) and I really hope to connect with them and other students here even though my schedule is different than theirs.
- Finances. I'm trusting God to provide and I've had a couple big expenses lately. I had to reapply for a student visa to stay here longer which came with a large expense I wasn't expecting and my car is up for it's "Warrant of Fitness" and I'm pretty sure I have to replace the windsheild. So, please pray that God would continue to provide and that I would be a good steward of the resources He has blessed me with.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to posting more consistently :)

Then I headed

1 comment:

  1. Christine!!! I've thought about you constantly on and off lately!! It's funny that the day I decide to check up you posted in the same week :D yay!!! I'm praying for you and know that God is using you and changing you in so many ways over there! I'm excited to see more pictures!! you're great and encourage me with relying on God to provide! I'm having to do the same with China! :D thanks for being such a great mentor even when you're thousands of miles away!

    I <3 you!

    ReplyDelete