Site tracking

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bible In Schools

At Bible school we each are assigned a ministry that we participate in each week. We fill out a form at the beginning and based on that they put us in various youth groups and things. The ministry I was assigned is Bible In Schools or BIS. It's such a foreign idea to me because in the states you would never be able to be so open with the bible in a school. Each Friday morning Braden and I, would go to Kiapaki school and teach a lesson for about a half hour. The school is super small and looks more like a house than a school. It has 3 rooms with the different grades in each, the younger kids, middle and older ones. Braden and I had the middle aged kids which was super fun.


Here we are on our last day. It was really sad to say goodbye to them. They have the cutest accents ever! Another fun thing is that they don't wear shoes in the classroom. NZ is really relaxed when it comes to wearing shoes, even in stores and stuff. Each week we would teach them a memory verse and have a main idea from the bible. Then if we had time we would play Simon Says because they LOVED that game.

It was neat getting to know the kids. Some of them come from families where they are the only Christian or just one or two others in the family are Christians. I guess not all schools in NZ have BIS because it's getting harder and harder to find teachers for it. It's really a shame because it's such an incredible opportunity to preach to the kids.

I don't know how much of an impact Braden and I had but the little kids sure impacted me quite a bit. I'm so thankful that I got to spend each week with them and I learned from the Bible lessons too!

1 comment:

  1. I got your card.

    It was nice of you to send me one.

    Enjoy the rest of your time in NZ, as I know that you are.

    Your sister will be there in less than a week.

    ReplyDelete