Site tracking

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Carols by Candlelight

I never thought it would happen. I know Kelley Leidenthal really didn't think it would ever happen but yes folks, I got to be a part of our school's choir! I don't have the best singing voice in the whole word but in a sea of voices I can do okay. I sang Alto and it was so much fun! We had enough good singers to help us carry the tune and we had TONS of practices for a couple weeks before the event that is held every year.


Before the actual Carols by Candlelight event, we had some fun practice singing at the town hall in Cambridge. Here's Leah, Rachel and myself by the sign announcing our "gig" outside the town hall :)


Here's me rocking the smile :) Mitch was the choir director because he has a lot of experience being in choir and he made up a smiling contest so we didn't look like we hated life while singing, and guess who won..... yup, it was me. I'm not one to back down from a little competition.


This one I'm not smiling probably because I DID NOT know all the songs that well. My favorite song we sang was an African one called "Betelehemu". I think it was everyone's favorite. We sang 13 songs in total and interspersed was bible readings and Peter Thomas, our principal, gave a message.



Weird to see Christmas lights and people on lawn chairs. I know. It's so strange to have Christmas in summertime. I have yet to get used to it. Not that I'm complaining because I LOVE not having to scrape the ice off my car windshield :) They have been doing this event for 10 years now so it was neat to see that it's become part of people's Christmas tradition to come. We also had a lot of new comers this year which is always good. I guess they also have a choir around Easter time too so we'll see if I can finagle my way onto that one as well. CCC access band watch out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment