Site tracking

Friday, June 25, 2010

Car


here's a fun story:

I've been praying about how in the world I'm going to get around in NZ, especially on breaks from school. I just figured I would make friends with someone with a car and figure it out when I get there. Randomly the other night a guy named Mark, who is at Bible School right now, messaged me on Facebook about buying his car. It's a 1992 Toyota Corolla (I know fancy) and said he bought it from someone at Bible School when he first got there. I was a little uneasy about making such a big decision without even seeing the car first hand but God works in crazy ways so I decided to pray about it.

The next day I was reading this blog and a quote jumped out at me: "You need to think, but you can't over think. Over analysis leads to paralysis! " by Mark Batterson. I decided to message Mark back and ask if the car was still available. I liked the fact that I would be buying it from someone at the Bible School and after looking at prices for that car on other websites, I realized the price was a really good deal. He had mentioned sometimes students share a car but since I don't really know anyone that's going I figured that wasn't an option.

When I got onto Facebook I noticed a girl named Michelle had also messaged me. She's going to the same school in July so we've become friends on Facebook but haven't talked that much. Mark had also told her about the car and she wanted to know if I wanted to share it with her. Unbelievable! I was so nervous about spending that much money but God worked it out. I told her I would love to share it with her so this little beauty will be coming on my NZ adventure with me and my new friend Michelle.


Yes, that's the Canadian flag painted on the door. Good thing Michelle is Canadian and good thing she knows how to drive a manual because I don't, but I'm excited to learn!

Prayer Request:
- Praise that God has provided such a cheap way to have a car
- Continued prayer for finishing up freelance projects
- Continued prayer for packing, this weekend I should be able to get most of my house packed

1 comment:

  1. Since I've talked to you about this irl.

    Pictures, Where are the Pictures?

    ReplyDelete