Site tracking

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

less than 40 days

I leave on July 13th so the countdown began on Tuesday.

After a lot of help from my sister and tons of prayer, I have my Student Visa, medical insurance, school paid and even my international student ID card. I think these next 39 days will fly by and I'll be in limbo for most of it.

God has been so faithful these last months. He has provided in ways I couldn't have imagined. My roommates have someone to move in when I leave, which is a huge answer to prayer. I have felt more peace about this huge transition in my life and that can only be from the Holy Spirit because my normal tendency is to freak out. God has been teaching me so much about material possessions and what true trust and faith is.

As I take this next step I'm leaving 2 wonderful jobs, 2 wonderful roommates and my amazing family and friends. I feel like I'm putting everything on the line. I think being a Christian is about taking risks and I have been praying for a long time now that God would make me a biblical Christian not just a comfortable Christian. I want to have faith like the people in Hebrew chapter 11.

Prayer Request:
- Praise for getting all my paperwork in and approved for school
- Pray for God to provide great friends for me at school
- Pray that I will be able to bless others with the things I won't be taking with me


No comments:

Post a Comment