Site tracking

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Unemployed

I was thinking about this and realized the last time I was unemployed, I was a sophomore in high school. Needless to say, it feels weird.

I didn't want to cry my last day at Christ Community Church, and I was so busy that I didn't think it would be hard, but then all of a sudden in the afternoon it started hitting me. I felt the tears coming and I didn't know if I could stop them. It was difficult but I held them off until I got in my car. CCC has been more than an amazing job and the staff has been more than fellow co-workers, they've been my family and CCC has been my home.

After I got in my car, I headed to my second job at the Hope Center for Kids for yet another "last day". The kids had a goodbye party for me last night there and all made me cards (which I'll post my favorites of when I find my camera cord). I know I will never forget their little faces. I have loved being in their lives and it has been so good for my soul to work there as the Art Coordinator for the last 8 months. God is doing an amazing work in North Omaha and raising up some pretty incredible leaders at the Hope Center.

Even though it feels a little scary, I know that God is the only thing I can count on to be consistent and my rock the rest of my life. I also know God is calling me to New Zealand at this time and as a former co-worker (Dusty White) of mine says "You have to choose your calling over your comfort".

Verses I've been saying a lot lately:
Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Hebrews 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment