Site tracking

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ministry Week Part 2


The Youth Night was Saturday night and it was a hit. The theme was God’s Love and we had the kids go around to different “stations” to experience God’s Love in different ways. It was fun to brainstorm ideas and to see how to implement them with zero budget. It was a ton of work but I really enjoyed the process.

The room or “station” I led was the “love wall” where I talked to the kids about identity. They each got to take their picture in their new identity in Christ.


Lastly we did some gardening. And by gardening, I mean pulling weeds. One cool story is before we went to Cambridge High School to pull weeds some of the teachers were bashing on Christians and a lady from Capernwray kind of spoke up. They all didn’t realize she was a Christian and kind of shut up after that but still mumbled negative stuff about Christians in general. Then we come along and have no clue about this and just get going on some hard core weeding. I now appreciate the beautiful gardens people have after hours of pulling weeds. It only rained a little and we all seemed to have positive attitudes while we worked. Afterwards the gardener was really thankful for our help and I guess the teacher’s attitudes had changed and didn’t have cynical stuff to say. They were kind of impressed that we served and did it with a smile. It was really cool to find all of it out the next day when we heard the story. No, none of the teachers accepted Jesus, but God used a mindless thing like pulling weeds in someone’s life as one step closer to being a Christian.

My team had a WIDE variety of people on it and it was very challenging at times. Partly because I got sick straight from the get go, my patience was at an all time low. Thank Jesus it’s not my own strength I rely on. Every morning we would have devotional time and because my host family was gone most of the time I really got to enjoy getting into the Word and depending on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment