Site tracking

Friday, September 10, 2010

Random bits

Here are a few things that aren't really big enough to write a whole blog post about so I thought I'd combine them.

On Sundays, like I've blogged before, me and two other students are assigned to St. Andrews in Cambridge for church. It's Anglican and very different from CCC but I love it! The people are absolutely amazing and so welcoming. This past Sunday we had a pot luck after church and here are a few pictures from it.


Here we are in the hall singing show tunes as part of the festivities of the pot luck.


Here is Kelsey, Foongi, Diane (Di) and me. Di (pronounced "die") was the first person we met at tea after church. She is hysterical and all three of us look forward to each Sunday when we get to see her.


Here is Kristine (called baby Kristine), Deborah, and me (called mama Christine) on our way to a concert at a church about a half hour away. The band was Sons of Korah. They were really really good. They're an Australian band that sings the Psalms.

A couple weeks ago we were all talking about home and showing each other on google maps where we live. It was so cute how excited everyone gets when it's their turn to talk about their home towns. Later we were watching a movie and someone popped some popcorn and then yelled out "Hey, Christine, this popcorn is from Nebraska!" I was so excited that I immediately got my camera.

and yes, it was delicious :)



Prayer Request:
- Praise that my kness are all better and I didn't have to go to the doctor for them
- Prayer for 2 week break that is September 23 - October 11 (yes, I am aware that it's a bit longer than 2 weeks). Prayer for planning and that we can keep the cost down when we travel.
- Prayer for ministry week next week in Cambridge. That God would work in the hearts of Non-Christians in Cambridge and that lots and lots of people would come to the events.
- Praise for how God has been stretching me in how I look at missions and how God calls us to REST in Him not work for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment