Site tracking

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Auckland day 1

When I got to my hostel another girl is in my room and she is from North Carolina. Her name is Emily and we decided to take on Auckland together. We went to the grocery store, window shopping on Queens Street and then ended the night at a comedy club, apparently the only one in New Zealand.



When we got back from Queens Street I had a wonderful surprise waiting at my hostel for me; Gabe and Evan from CCC! Gabe's been in NZ for school for a while and Evan was here visiting him. They joined us for the comedy club and Evan basically got heckled the entire time. The comic below heckled us the most but was pretty funny so we didn't get too offended :)

Here's a fun story. Emily and I went to a vintage store on Queens Street and I found a Husker sweatshirt! The guy who owns the store is originally from Texas and most of the shirts were from the states.

3 comments:

  1. Christine!! I'm so glad you made it safely! Jason and I have been praying for you, and we will continue to pray for you throughout your trip! I look forward to following you and reading along to your everyday excursions! Enjoy this journey that God has sent you on, you will change so many lives while you're there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Christine!

    I miss going to CCC for my weekly meetings with Jon/Gavin and seeing you at the front counter and giving you a hard time. I'm so excited to hear about your adventure in NZ and am def praying for you! Can't wait to see what God does! :)

    -Mo Daniell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm SO excited you had such a fun start to your time there! Hope the rest of your days are just as enjoyable! :)

    ReplyDelete