Site tracking

Monday, July 12, 2010

Leaving tomorrow

Whoa. I can't believe it's here. I officially fly out of Omaha at 9:50 am Tuesday.

It's been an emotional roller coaster as I've said goodbye to some of my favorite people. Here are some pics of me and friends that I'll be missing the next 8 months.

My amazing family. Thanks to jordanwilliamgreen.com for making the fam look good :)

My grandpa. Yes, he is the cutest thing in the whole world. When I was a baby I wouldn't sleep unless he was holding me when my grandparents would babysit me. Ever since then, we always say we're pretty well bonded.


My bestest friends Meisha and Angie. I could write paragraphs about both of them and how much they mean to me.

The Communications Team at Christ Community Church. Here's Robert, myself and Greg. I have been super spoiled with working at CCC as the graphic designer for the last 3 years.

If you have a second check out Robert's blog at http://ramhatter.blogspot.com


Here's me and Kelly who is the receptionist at CCC. The joke at CCC was that my second office was at Kelly's desk because I stopped by and chatted with her everyday.


Hope Center staff. If you want to volunteer and make a difference in North Omaha and hang out with some pretty amazing kids, you should check out The Hope Center. www.hopecenterforkids.com


My roommates. Jenny, myself and Anna have lived together for the last year and it has been so much fun. They are the sweetest, godliest girls and I love how many amazing memories I have from living together.

Miss Kelley. When we first met I stuck my foot in my mouth and the outlook for our friendship looked pretty grim but luckily we ended up being great friends and I will miss her a lot.



Here's me and my friends from a prayer group I was lucky enough to be a part of. The top picture of Eloise, a godly woman who is the sweetest thing in the world and 100% devoted to Jesus. Linda is a friend and a mentor I've known from the very beginning of my journey with God and faith. She and her husband Jack are like my second parents. And lastly, Susie. Susie is super funny but also has with a soft heart and sincere love for people. I have learned so much from them and am so blessed to call them friends

I could keep going and going and going but it's late and I have a plane to catch.

Prayer Request:
- Safe travels
- My luggage arrives in New Zealand (on time)
- That God would go before me and direct my path all the way to my hostel in NZ

2 comments:

  1. You forgot my picture! HAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding, girl! That family picture is soooo good! I'm excited to hear all about your great adventure in New Zealand. It is going to be the best time of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roommate! I prayed for you this morning when I woke up, and we prayed for you at our Compass Staff meeting too. I'm so excited for you, and I'm looking forward to hearing all about how God is at work in you life through this adventure! I miss you already....the house isn't the same without you. Love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete