Site tracking

Monday, July 19, 2010

Last day in Auckland

My last day of Auckland was Sunday so I started the day by going to Auckland Baptist Tabernacle. It was a nice service. They had 2 services going on at the same time, one for internationals and one for people who understand english easily. There were quite a variety of ethnicity which was cool to see.

Then a british friend (Aaron) that I met at the hostel and I went for a walk up to Mount Eden in Auckland. I guess Auckland has about 40 something dormant volcanos and this was one of them. It wasn't very high but the view was incredible.



Here is one of the views of the top of Mount Eden. It was so green and the sky was super clear so it was the perfect day for it.

Here's another view. This is looking toward Sky Tower in the CBD. That was the area I mostly walked around while in Auckland.

Another view and the classic "proof I was there shot".

When we walked back we went a random way and came across this duck pond. It was really pretty with the fountains. We also went by some soccer fields where people were playing soccer and rugby.

Once we got back we got some stuff at the local grocery store and Aaron made me and his roommate so yummy chili followed by tea and biscuits (cookies). I finished off the night with a movie in one of the lounges with a Aaron (British) and German girl and a Finland guy. Quite a multinational night.

No comments:

Post a Comment